Tuesday, August 28, 2007

AVP2

Alright, Couple of things.

First and foremost. They released the trailer for the new Aliens Vs. Predator movie. My friend Matt texted me and told me about it on Saturday and it was the happiest day of my life. The last one was an abortion (although I still watch the motherfucker because I have a problem) but this one looks up.

The first glimpse of the thing is a restricted trailer, so they are clearly marketing this is a gory, brutal, mayhem-rich horror film, which it should have been in the first place. I actually don't quite give a fuck if they get the story right, as long as they nail the violence I will be happy...and from the looks of the trailer it seems they have...that part where the girl gets slammed up against the wall is amazing.

Also, the Predators in this one look like the lithe hunters they were meant to be...not some bulky mess that can't even move around without a whole budgets worth of CG.

Yes I am still talking about this.

There also seems to be some new shit...a Predator whip (why didn't anyone think of that yet) and the appearance of the sure to be bad-ass Predalien. Yes, that's a predator and alien hybrid. I get a little jumpy though when they bring new shit into the series...Resurrection's "Newborn" was pitiful and a waste of money...they could have just casted Eric Stoltz in that fucked up Mask make up. Fucking Rocky Dennis.
However, the brief shots of the Predalien make it look bad ass.

Also, and this is VERY important. They kill a kid...even in the preview. This is a sure sign of quality cinema. In FEAST they killed a kid, and in Battlestar Galactica they killed a fucking BABY! In the first 10 minutes! This kind of gnarliness is good for the story. The bar gets set low, now even babies can die, fuck yeah.

Yes I am still talking about this.

All in all, I am very excited. The R rating is a big win for us, and at the very least we will get to see Aliens and Predators kicking the shit out of each other and generally disrespecting humans, as god intended.

Ok, enough out of me. Go HERE, and click the link for the trailer on the right hand side of the screen. Its worth it.

Second, I saw a sweet band a few weeks back. The Mae Shi. I stumbled across their phenomenal track "Run to Your Grave" (on the myspace, do it) and got a chance to see them in Brooklyn. They put on a fantastic show. Check them out and love them.

These guys opened for them. They were also entertaining as fuck. Some snobs may bitch about a lack of lyrical content, but theatrics and entertainment factor can be a more than adequate substitute for substance if you have had enough substances. Fuck. Their mash up of "Run to Your Grave" with their track (don't know what its called) called "Run to the Facts" is AWESOME. Plus, the beats are pretty damn sweet.

Other than that...uhh......

1 comment:

Joe Tower said...

meh the Mae Shi aren't anything special to me..

I'm happy you have a boner for them though.

AVP2..hahah!