Monday, October 23, 2006

Strippers, Rappers, Russians, and Gonzo Journalists.

One of our huge, big time, G-Unit Sympathizer rappers was just doing an interview slash photo shoot in my reception area.

It was cool the way the photographer did it, he would ask him questions about each track on his new album. When he started saying something that made him happy or serious or whatever, the photographer snapped a picture, mid-sentence.

He was what many of my music journalist friends would consider a "good interview". He was very forthcoming (then again, who doesn't like to talk about themselves?...ahem...) and wasn't spitting out pre-programmed answers.

It was cool to sit there and pretend like I wasn't eavesdropping.

What else....shit I only have a few minutes before I leave work....

Um, I went to the strip club a block away from my house on Friday with my brother, my roommate, my cousin, and this random russian fuck who lives in my building. It was going well with the jiggling asses and all, but ended badly when, after dropping 200 dollars between all of us, I flipped out on a stripper that tried to sell us a 5 dollar bottle of water. I left yelling, "that's how they get you!" while dragging my cousin by his shirt collar. It could have gone a lot worse.

I also just got an assignment to review the new CL Smooth album for this magazine. I've been verbally bitch-slapped a hundred times for not ever hearing the original Pete Rock and CL Smooth disc, and headquarters was no exception. Apparently I need to get the original before I can hear one note of the new one. I love the way these guys do business.


And now, the band that makes Slipknot look like the fucking Banana Splits.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: