Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Apologies

So sorry for a lack of updates. I started this damn thing with the intention of updating it daily, but yea, I've gotten extremely busy trying to find a new place to live. But shit, I will update this fucker from a box on the Bowery if I have to.

Some quick updates:
-Goo Goo Dolls lead singer came in, that cleft in the chin is SERIOUS. Epic cleft, nice guy.

-That party at the CEO's beach pad was nuts. A lot of awkward, half-buzzed conversations. I spoke to the drummer of one of our bands, who looked exactly like my friend Dave K from Wisconsin. I complemented him on his disco beats. I also met one of our new signings, "Three Intimidatingly Hot Girls With Intimidatingly Awesome Butts and Intimidatingly Large Fashion Sun Glasses"...I think that's what they are calling themselves. We call them T.I.H.G.W.I.A.B.I.L.F.S.G. around the office for short, and they're going to kick the shit out of 3LW. The label A-Team was there, all the big execs. They seemed nice, one of them showed up in a damned chopper. On the way home, we made the driver stop at the liquor store. I bought whiskey and Mike's Hard Lemonade, they all just bought Mike's...I probably made myself out to look like the drunk that I am, which is not good in a co-worker situation.

One final word. This job is friggin crazy, but it is still very much a business and everyone is pretty nice and professional. I'll be honest, there was a small part of me expecting to walk in my first day to find people slugging Jack and doing coke lines out of Cyndi Lauper's buttcrack, while a naked David Crosby did the truffle shuffle atop a pile of equally-naked-and-horrified hot female interns. You know, that old school music business debauchery. Where the fuck is that??!!

Ha, oh fuck, be careful what you wish for eh?

That's all I got for now. Get fucked.

*POSTSCRIPT (five minutes later): Im going to ask out the hot foreign intern soon.

No comments: