Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Name Drop Lights



This is really cool,

My girl and I have pretty consistently been into this stuff called "lightpainting". It involves a camera, long exposures, and bright lights. We've done some great things with it, and it looks like some folks are starting to take notice. 2 random blogs have discovered us via google and featured us along other "lightwriters". I'm proud because we didn't solicit these people, they found us, so we must be doing something right. Check out the 2 articles. We are M::R::I.

This is our Flickr
Flickr: MRI

This is our blog (needs to be updated):
M::R::I Lightpainting

This is the Cultcase Article:
Cult Case: Shine in the Dark

This is the new Web Urbanist article:
10 Amazing Light Graffiti Artists.

As my 4th grade teacher used to say, "I'm bustin'" over here. I'm really proud, and now I am extra inspired to grab my girl, a camera, a few lights, and get out there. We have a long way to go compared to those other guys.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I know what you're tallking about, I just searched your name on google looking for this blog of yours again, then I recalled that you astutely left out your last name here (I've read examples of people being fired, even from restaurants, for bloggings done on blogger.com that don't paint their employer in a rosy light)..anyway got here via your myspace profile.

Certainly though, I had the same thought you must be really doing something right with this light painting, ..seeing more than one search result, with title "best light painters".
That MRI photo example here is very cool.

-Mark Samuelson