Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Aesop Rock New Single

Listen to this track.

Aesop Rock- None Shall Pass
From the Adult Swim/Def Jux compilation; Definitive Swim. You might as well get that too, its free.

Aesop Rock has a way of putting together seemingly utter nonsense to make it compelling. At least 10 times I've gotten pissed at the guy for being too obscure, but yet I always end up listening to him. I can't really explain it and that is what I like. I spend a lot of time explaining why one thing is better than another or who could beat up who. With this, it just feels good to say "I just like it". So I've already said too much.

Anyway, check that one out, and then move backwards in time through other inexplicably good Aesop Rock tracks, the ones that are just plain fucking good (yer going to have to find them yourselves, I have no idea where they are).

"Fast Cars, Danger, Fire and Knives" from the EP of the same name.
"Freeze" from Bazooka Tooth.
"9-5ers Anthem" from Labor Days.
"Daylight" from Labor Days.
"Skip Town" from Float.


And that's where I stop.

Now go find a nice girl with huge breasts and give her a hug. Its therapeutic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That track is indeed fresh. It made me think of the Afro: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6205632254331433307&q=afro+samurai+duration%3Along&hl=en