Friday, October 10, 2008

Thanks

Last weekend was brilliant. It was my birthday and I will never forget it. My girl got me tickets to Hot Chip as a gift, and despite the boners in the audience, it was an amazing show. Especially this...they played a new song, "Alley Cats", and I can't stop listening to it. Its smoother, without the schizophrenia (great as it was) that characterized "Made in the Dark". It's controlled and builds logically, like a calmer "No Fit State". I also like how none of the instruments really come out of the wash, they all just melt into the same warm mass. Actually, this wouldn't be out of place on a Gas or any number of Kompakt records. Anyway, enjoy. With some bonus vids from the weekend...including a trip with our limo driver, Hogan. Call a number, and a shitty limo comes screaming from the night blasting Rick James, the driver shakes a tambourine, and the whole thing smells like gas so bad you can't even taste your beer. Thanks again friends.

Hot Chip - Alley Cats


Hot Chip - Playboy


Hot Chip - And I Was a Boy From School


Hot Chip Covering Sinead and adding their own track


I don't care if you can't see whats going on.

No comments: