Wednesday, June 11, 2008

DAN DEACON EBAY YEAAAAAAHHHH

So I'm selling this lyrics sheet I got at a Dan Deacon show...I'm broke as hell and I know someone out there would at least drool a few bucks into my wallet over this thing...Here is a link to the item. Go buy it for more than is reasonable...and here is the email I sent to basically every "hippo" blog in the world...this is FUN!!! WHOO!!!

Hey there kids,

Just a heads up that I will be selling the crumpled, beaten up, sweaty piece of paper containing the chant-a-long lyrics for "Wham City" that I obtained at Dan Deacon's October 17, 2007 show at the Bowery Ballroom during CMJ. That's right, I was one of the super cool kids who got to be up front for the now legendary, crowd splitting performance..I even got to hold his crazy flashing kitty! Yet somehow, my short burst of fame (pictures of me in the crowd on Stereogum AND Pitchfork!!...aww yeah...BV missed the boat) has faded and I have fallen on hard times, so I will have to sell my coveted lyrics sheet.

Here is a link to the item, and I am giving you all the scoop on this bizarre but true story. Your readers might want to know, especially the ones who weren't warrior enough to have been there!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150257878525

Its authenticity is guaranteed by...uhh....me....and my status as a Life Scout (Eagle was too hard). Really, I would have no reason to fake this and risk my ebay account. This thing is as real as Ethan Hawke in Gattaca.

Thanks and a happy bidding to you and your respective shorties!



EDIT: Per Ant's request. BAM! RIGHT THERE!!!!

2 comments:

Stunt said...

You should also link to the Pitchfork picture and circle yourself using Microsoft paint.

Stunt said...

And "C-word Rex" is a bitch move, yo. Change it back, or I'll add a macro on my comments page to make it read as "D-bag Rex".