Friday, April 11, 2008

Tales of World War Z



Well hey there everyone,
I don't have much to offer other than this little nugget I just got from the editor and founder of "Tales of World War Z" the amazing zombie fan fiction website he started. I submitted 4 stories to the site, which you should check out because it truly is a great site.

Anyway, he just forwarded me this email from a concerned parent. I found it to be hilarious. Enjoy.

My 13 year old wants to sign up at your website and submit some of his work. I am hesitant to allow this since you allow such garbarge on your website as clitorus(sp) rex. What kind of moronic name is that? As the webmaster you can step in and ask this idiot to choose a more creative name--unless this is you? I dont mind the f*&$&*#ing this and shit that in the stories. The name highly offends me though. And I am sure Max Brooks cringes when he sees that infantile name on this homage to his book.

[Name Redacted],
concerned and responsible mother


In case you are interested, here are links to the offending stories:
Untitled
Untitled Part 2
Wrap Yer Weasel, Son
The Drivers

I never thought I would anger a soccer mom. I'm not proud that she is pissed, but my pen name is a complete joke. Its a name I thought of while trying to think of hilarious band names with a friend of mine and it just stuck. This woman walks a thin line...she is going to let her 13 year old read and submit work to a site who's winning entry was a story involving a rotted zombie vagina, but she is mad about my name? I don't see the disconnect. Again, the line is thin.

Sorry lady. I hope my name didn't screw your kid up too much. Or maybe you just don't like it. Either way, all the best to you and your undead loving family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never change your name. That website is not appropriate for 13 year old's and she is just singling you out.

P.S. love your stories on there

Clitoris Rex said...

Wow thanks a lot man. I hope you submit some stories too, because Mr. West is a beast. I once saw him beat up a trance DJ in the street for no reason. I submit stories out of fear more than anything...I've "fallen down the stairs" too many times in West's presence.