Thursday, January 10, 2008

Update

So its been a weird one, kids...

Welcome to 2008, the year we took it all back...ha.

The first few days of the year have passed, each one chock full of more stress and bullshit than the next. I have a few writing jobs to wrap up:

1. Bio for April Smith, chanteuse and whiskey drinker extraordinaire

2. Interview with Hot Chip for Metro Dot Pop that became a gush-fest, me spraying fan boy juice all over Owen, a founding member. The interview is not done yet, but damn if it isn't clipped around my neck.

3. A story about a kid who found a whole wall of classic graffiti from the downtown new york greats (Fab 5, Rammelzee, Futura 2000) behind the wall of his kitchen. No home for that one yet, but we're working on it.

Yet, they are all terrible beasts, hard to complete, like trying to stuff a mountain lion thats still breathing, snarling, biting. It's writer's block, through and through. My girl has left me, and I find myself more willing to leave work early to land on my couch and be a pussy than write some shit.

So I'm back to updating this thing, in the hopes that writing here will knock out whatever weak blockage I have imagined for myself.

There's a few things coming up:

1. NEUROSIS and MASTODON at the Brooklyn Masonic Temple. They are playing two shows, and I think they might already be sold out. Fuck it though, find a way to get in, and skip the drugs, if you have so much as a Dayquil in your body you will definitely lose your shit as both bands roll over your frail bones in a Riff-Tank built from shattered amplifiers and the bones of animals long extinct...fuck.

2, JUSTICE at Madison Square Garden on March 11th. Tickets are actually on sale for this one, I would recommend going, even if you get nosebleed tickets, simply for the fact that they close their sit with a mix of Ministry's Psalm 69 and that fucking song "We Are Your Friends"

So thats all I can think of right now. 2008 is a weird one already, but lets make it different. Good, bad whatever, just different.

In the spirit of change, that unreleased Bloc Party track, "Flux", for you to download. Enjoy.

Bloc Party - Flux

No comments: